Monday, April 14, 2008

Puppies n' Purses

What a weekend!! It was just the break I was looking for...

Everything started off just right when I picked Jake up Thursday night. We talked all night and watched one of my all time favorites, Happy Feet. The next morning we got up and made breakfast then got ready, and finally ended up at the Gateway mall. He picked out a cute birthday present for himself at Abercrombie and made a quick stop for some DDR. We then met up with Tyana & Cassie, and enjoyed a quick game of softball before heading to Stone Ground for some pizza and drinks.

Saturday Jake had to meet up with his National Guard troop for some training, so I stayed home and played with Shady and Nitro. Nitro is the newest addition to the Hansen/Gleave clan... He is adorable! While I was getting ready for the day, he snuggled up inside my purse for a little cat nap.

Later that night, Jake and I went to my grandpa's house to visit my dad and brothers. We played board games and caught up on all of the family gossip.

Sunday, Jake had to leave again for the National Guard training, so I slept in and picked up the house. My mom came home that night, so we all had dinner together and filled everyone in on the "Jake & Jess" situation. : )

So now, here it is Monday, and I am back at work. It's nice to be back home, but of course I am sad at the same time to be away from all of the excitement, and I look forward to going home to Richfield very soon!!

Hope all is well!

J

No comments: