Thursday, July 17, 2008

Designer Jeans & Fake Eyelashes


“Jessica, you know I love you. Don’t you ever forget that.” Damn bear.

I thought I had things in order. I thought I had it finally figured out. I thought I was over you and I thought that I was beyond caring about what the bear has to say. Will I ever have it all put together? Will I ever be able to walk away? Or will you always be the last thing on my mind before I fall asleep? Will I always care if you would approve of my latest haircut and will I forever wonder if you like my new shoes?

What defines what we feel? Is it really in our heart? Or does it have more to do with our circumstances? If I were with someone more worth while, would I still long for your touch? Would I still think of you when he is inside of me? Would I wish for your scent to tickle my senses and would I picture your face behind my closed lids as he presses his mouth to mine?

I miss you. I miss the way my name sounds when it slips past your lips. I miss your gaze. I miss being adored by you. I want you to say how much you love me. I really miss pretending. I miss pretending that we would always be a “we”. I miss fighting with you because I knew it meant we really cared. I miss the way you held my hand. I miss the way you held me. It’s simple. I miss you.

It doesn’t matter how I try to fill this hole, nothing is ever going to fit. I guess you can think of me as Miss Goldie Locks. Everything is too big or too small, too hot or too cold, too hard or too soft. You are the only thing that fits just right.

As for that bear... that damn lying bear, I think I may allow her to come out from underneath the bed. As you know, she has been banished for telling tall tales. But, I’m thinking a little lie here and there never hurt anyone. Everyone needs to feel loved. Even the bear.

No comments: